As a session chairperson, you are responsible for the time management of the presentations within your session.
- Familiarize yourself with your session's presentations ahead of time. You may see the conference agenda here.
- Please make sure to take a look at your session's content onsite for any last minute changes to your session.
- Plan to arrive at your session at least 5-10 minutes before the start time.
- Introduce yourself (and your co-chair) to the audience before the start time, giving the name of the session and ask people to take their seats quickly. Encourage the audience to take center/front seats.
- Ask people to set all cell phones on silent.
- Introduce the speaker and presentation title as indicated in the Program Book.
- Strictly adhere to the schedule printed in the Program Book relating to the order of speakers, start and end times of each talk. This is very important for the conference. We must be fair to allow all speakers their allotted time.
- Note that time for Q&A is incorporated in the presentation time. Speakers were asked to plan their presentations as follow:
- Keynote Speakers will have 45 minutes for presentation which include 40 minutes for their talk + 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Invited Speakers will have 20 minutes for presentation which include 15 minutes for their talk + 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Oral Abstract Presenters will have 15 minutes for presentation which include 10 minutes for their talk + 5 minutes for questions and discussion
If a speaker doesn't leave time for questions, please proceed immediately to the next lecture, without Q&A.
- Assure no disturbances.
- At the end of the session, kindly thank the presenters and the audience for their participation.
Be prepared for the unexpected:
If the session ends early, do one or more of the following:
- Have questions prepared for the speakers.
- Solicit questions from the audience.
- If you finish much before the allotted time, you may let the session out early.
If a speaker failed to attend the session:
- Move to the next presentation.
The ICLE Board thanks you for your important contribution to the conference success.