Session Chair Instructions
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SESSION CHAIRS
As a session chairperson, you are responsible for the time management of the presentations within your session.
- Familiarize yourself with your session’s presentations ahead of time. You may see the conference program here.
- Please make sure to take a look at your session’s content onsite for any last-minute changes to your session.
- Plan to arrive at your session at least 10-15 minutes before the start time.
- Invite the speakers from your session to take their designated seats on the stage.
- Introduce yourself to the audience before the start time, giving the name of the session and asking people to take their seats quickly. Encourage the audience to take center/front seats.
- Ask people to set all cell phones on silent.
- Introduce the speaker and presentation title as indicated in the Program Book.
- In case of no last-minute updates, please strictly adhere to the schedule printed in the Program Book relating to the order of speakers, start and end times of each talk. This is very important for the conference. We must be fair to allow all speakers their allotted time.
- Note that the designated time for Q&A and Discussion with the speakers is allocated at the session end. The only exception is Session 10: SELECTED ABSTRACTS FOR ORAL PRESENTATION, where the time for questions is incorporated in the overall presentation time of the oral abstract presenters. In this case, if a presenter doesn’t leave time for questions, please proceed immediately to the next lecture, without Q&A.
- Assure no disturbances.
- At the end of the session, kindly thank the presenters and the audience for their participation.
Be prepared for the unexpected. If the session ends early, do one or more of the following:
- Have questions prepared for the speakers.
- Solicit questions from the audience.
- If you finish much before the allotted time, you may let the session out early.
If a speaker failed to attend the session, please move to the next presentation.
The ICLE Organizing Committee thanks you for your important contribution to the conference success!